Thursday, July 4, 2019

My story

I was born in Inglewood, California in 2003. My mother worked as a nurse for Kaiser Permanente, while my father is currently working as a security guard. I didn't have the best childhood growing up, my mother had abandoned my family multiple times, and my father became a single dad attempting to provide and take care of my sister and myself.

Growing up, my dad's side of the family had helped my father out with taking care of me and my sister, providing us clothes, food, and let us stay at their home for us to live in when we couldn't afford to pay the house rent anymore. I greatly appreciate the sacrifices, support, and love, that my family has done with helping out my dad and taking care of me and sister during those rough times.

As my childhood progressed, so did my knowledge. In 2012 when I was 9, my 2nd grade teacher was making sure the class about the our U.S. Political System and 2012 Presidential Election. Thanks to my teacher I was really invested in politics, and I always hope be part of the political system one day.

Currently I'm in my High School Debate Team as Varsity Debater. I'm forever grateful for High School Debate that has certainly helped me become who I am today. I have the confidence to speak up, learn more knowledge on specific topics, and most importantly being able to speak for myself.

Further more, after the 2016 Democratic Primaries I switched my political affiliation towards the Green Party. My reason for this was because there platform has aligned towards what I believe in, such as: The Original Green New Deal, Pacifism, Abolish ICE, etc. Presently I'm working within Green Party committees which has giving me a lot of gratitude of all the hard work that people within the Green Party has put in, to carry out the party's work. 

Finally as life progresses for me, my knowledge and what I've learned will help me of choosing the life I want. No one is ever perfect and I know for sure that my life isn't, but I always have hope and happiness for everyone's life including mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment